Sunday, April 12, 2009

spring is here!

spring has arrived earlier than normal in siping, i'm pretty stoked about it. the only thing is that the siping peeps, aren't as excited about it as i am. students are still wearing long underwear and bundling up. old ladies in the park are concerned about our health when we are not wearing enough clothes. so i decided to write a poem and dedicate it to the old ladies in the park:


Dear old lady in the park on this super fine day.
Yes I know it’s not the first of May.
But do you know it’s 80 degrees out today?

What if I told you it was my birthday?
Would that make you stay away?

Stop harassing me.
You’re scaring me.
Great, now I have to pee!

Yes lady, I know my kid is wearing too little
I’m the one that picked out her clothes; really, she’s not very brittle.

What? You’ve never seen flip-flops before?
You can buy them from the blue store.

Yes I know I'm showing my toes.
But did you know in America, anything goes.

Yes, I own more clothes but this is my favorite T.
Besides, it’s 80 degrees, are you kidding me?

So thanks for your concerning,
But my toes are way too happy and you look like you are burning.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hahahaha! That's awesome! How many shirts do you think Max is wearing in his picture??

Happy Easter to the Wu's!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to be reflective and write a poem Wu. I'm proud of you and your semantic silliness.

s.

Unknown said...

Those of us in the community of adoptive parents of children from China called those ladies the "Clothing Police." Even being in Guangzhou (which is much like Miami), we were chastised for not having enough clothes on our babies. Apparently, if they are not sweating, they're not warm enough.

axxon india said...

excellent blog,

ashok

http://asiaemergingpower.blogspot.com