Monday, May 24, 2010

thatched butt?

today in class, we were talking about different types of homes. the students were supposed to brainstorm as many types of homes as they could. one pair of students wrote down "thatched butt". i politely corrected their mistake and then went on my way to the next group of students. but i'll be honest i did the junior high giggle the whole way up and down the isle of students. i couldn't stop laughing, it was just cracking me up. i'm not sure if it was because she had actually wrote the word "butt" on the paper or the mental image of a "thatched butt", either way i had a good laugh.

just so you know, i was not thinking of this image:


but now i am. i could really use a little time on the beach. we've had some crummy weather this spring and it's raining again. yuck! i hate the rain!

1 comment:

wynd said...

I would not have been able to contain myself! The other day I was calling out answers to the review for a test over pronouns and called out, "F. Me." A couple of kids snickered, and I laughed and said, "Alright. It's funny." The class went wild. They especially loved when the answer was, "F. Nathan," because there was a Nathan in class.

This is not an anomaly. It's really remarkable I still have my job.